12th December 2014
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Course to run on 11th February 2015
All but the very lowest risk companies require some form of First Aid competency within their operations. Companies posing higher risks or with large numbers of staff will need to have a fully qualified first aider(s), however for the vast majority of business the main requirement is to have an Appointed Person for First Aid.
An Appointed Person for the workplace in first aid legislation terms is someone who is responsible for keeping the first aid kit stocked, and for ensuring that an ambulance is called if needed in an emergency situation. An Appointed Person is not able to give any first aid treatment for which they have not been trained.
For this reason this one day EFAW course covering essential life saving first aid has been developed, and came into its’ own as of 01/10/09.
The course meets all of the requirements of the syllabus as laid out in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regualtions 1981 (Third edition published October 2013).
It will leave candidates confident in dealing with an emergency situation whilst awaiting the ambulance and also give a basic understanding of the impact of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and related legislation such as RIDDOR, upon the workplace
Course content includes:
- Introduction and basic legislation
- Principles of first aid
- Vital signs – recognising how unwell the casualty is
- Incident procedure – dealing with emergency situations
- Treatment of an unresponsive casualty
- Treatment of a casualty suffering with a Seizure
- Dealing with Bleeding and Shock
- Practical scenarios
- Recognition and treatment of Heart Attack and Angina
- Basic life support Heart attack
- Chain of survival
- Basic Life Support Non Heart Attack (if applicable)
- Burns, scalds and electric shock
Costings are £80.00 + VAT per head. This includes lunch and refreshments.
The course will commence at 09:30 and should run until 16:30 approx.
Should you wish to book candidates onto this course, please contact email@example.com or call 0845 459 1724.