Lighthouse Health and Safety consultants build Health and Safety management systems and procedures to reduce the exposures that your employees have to potential accidents and incidents.
It is however human nature that you cannot nullify every hazard and inevitably, accidents and incidents will occur in the workplace from time to time.
It is vital that when something has happened, your business reacts to it in the correct manner, emphasising importance on the well-being of the personnel involved, whilst ensuring that an effective audit trail is in place to demonstrate that you have considered and taken steps to reduce the risks associated with the activity.
Legislation on the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) is in place to ensure any incidents that comply with their criteria are reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is important that these regulations are adhered to
Where Lighthouse are employed by you on a retainer support contract, we will undertake the management of serious accidents and incidents on your behalf. This often involves the following process:
- Visiting the scene of the incident
- Liaising with witnesses and those involved
- Undertaking interviews and obtaining statements where necessary
- Compiling an accident/incident investigation report
- Detailing any subsequent alterations to process that may be relevant
- Assisting with the submission of RIDDOR forms (if required)
- Collating any relevant safety management procedural documentation and evidence of training relating to the accident/incident
- Assisting with ongoing communications with enforcing authorities or interested parties (insurers, for example).